Automobile Dacia, together with Mach 1 Motorsport will launch the Dacia Joe Cup, a competition that is part of the Romania Rally Championship 2007. The ten stages of the competition will take place in eight cities in the country and Dacia Logan cars will be used. At the end of the ten stages, the winner with its Dacia Logan will receive a 10,000 euro prize.
The cars that will take part in the rally will be Dacia Logan 1.6MPI equipped with the competition kits developed by Renault Sport Technologies. The Dacia Logan for this cup will have a better price then the series model, being sold for just 5462 euro without taxes. This is mainly because this model is very simple when it comes to interior comfort or exterior. Still, this Dacia Logan comes with the competition kit made by Renault Sport Technologies and the contestants will receive parts that are normal to be replaced periodically.
This is the program of the Dacia Logan rally:
1. 2-3 march – Brasov Rally (Brasov) – asphalt
2. 30-31 march – Banat Rally (Timisoara) – asphalt
3. 20-21 april – Hunedoara Rally (Deva) – asphalt
4. 11-12 may – Siromex Rally (Baia Mare) – asphalt
5. 1-2 June – Muscel Rally (Campulung Muscel) – macadam
6. 22-23 June – Cluj Rally (Cluj-Napoca) – asphalt
7. 20-21 July – Sibiu Rally (Sibiu) – macadam
8. 24-25 August – Tara Barsei Rally (Brasov) – macadam
9. 21-22 September – Bucharest Rally (Bucharest) – macadam
10. 19-20 October – Avram Iancu Rally (Cluj-Napoca) – macadam
Reserve round: 9-10 November – Moldova Rally (Onesti) – macadam
Did you enjoy this post? Why not leave a comment below and continue the conversation, or subscribe to my feed and get articles like this delivered automatically each day to your feed reader. If you don't have a feed reader, you can always have these articles delivered to your email inbox every day. Click here to sign up.